Doctor LEE Ting Chun, Allen
- Honorary Associate Consultant, New Territories East Cluster, Hospital Authority
- Vice President, The Chinese Dementia Research Association
- Education Committee member, Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists
- Publications Committee member, Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists
- Editorial Board member, East Asian Archives of Psychiatry (EAAP)
- Distinguished Young Fellow, awarded by the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine on 16 November 2017
Epidemiology, prevention, early detection, and intervention for neurocognitive disorders
Determinants of healthy aging
Associations among physical, mental, and cognitive health
- Can increasing participation in habitual intellectual activities enhance functional connectivity of default mode network in community-living Chinese adults with subjective cognitive decline? A randomized controlled trial. (Funded by Early Career Scheme, RGC 2019/2020. Capacity: PI. Ref. number: 24114519. Funding: $1,190,840. Study duration: 1/1/2020-31/12/2021)
- Health determinants for late onset dementia and its associated mortality in Hong Kong Chinese older adults. (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018. Ref. number: CFS-CUHK3. Capacity: Co-PI. PI: Linda Lam, Dept of Psychiatry, CUHK. Funding: $7,492,300. Study duration: 1/7/2019-30/6/2022)
- Structured frontal lobe based cognitive stimulation to older adults with subjective cognitive decline and comorbid depressive symptoms. (Funded by CUHK Direct Grant for Research 2018/2019. Ref. number: 2018.076. Capacity: PI. Funding: $149,947. Study duration: 30/6/2019-29/6/2020)
- A 9-year follow-up of the Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey (HKMMS) on Chinese adults with depressive and anxiety symptoms. (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018. Ref number: CFS-CUHK4.Capacity: Co-I. PI: Professor Linda Lam, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK. Funding: $7,767,730. Study duration:1/7/2019-31/12/2023)
- The Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey for Older People – MMSOP (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018. Ref. number: MHS-P1(Part 3)-CUHK. Capacity: Co-I. PI: Professor Linda Lam, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK. Funding: $14,996,125. Study duration: 1/1/2019-30/6/2021)
- Combining mind-body physical exercise, cognitive training, and nurse-led risk factor modification to enhance cognition among older adults with mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial (Funded by HMRF 2017. Ref. number: 16170421. Capacity: Co-I. PI: Professor Samuel Wong, School of Public Health and Primary Care, CUHK. Funding: $1,499,589. Study duration: 16/9/2019-15/9/2022)
- The role of big data in addressing the determinants of non-communicable diseases in the ageing era - collaboration between CUHK and Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) partners
- Lee ATC, Richards M, Chan WC, Chiu HFK, Lee RSY, Lam LCW. Higher dementia incidence in older adults with type 2 diabetes and large reduction in HbA1c. Age and Ageing. 2019 Nov 1;48(6):838-844.
- Lee ATC, Richards M, Chan WC, Chiu HFK, Lee RSY, Lam LCW. Association of Daily Intellectual Activities With Lower Risk of Incident Dementia Among Older Chinese Adults. JAMA Psychiatry. 2018 Jul 1;75(7):697-703.
- Fung AWT, Lee JSW, Lee ATC, Lam LCW. Anxiety symptoms predicted decline in episodic memory in cognitively healthy older adults: A 3-year prospective study. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2018 May;33(5):748-754
- Chang WC, Wong CSM, Chen EYH, Lam LCW, Chan WC, Ng RMK, Hung SF, Cheung EFC, Sham PC, Chiu HFK, Lam M, Lee EHM, Chiang TP, Chan LK, Lau GKW, Lee ATC, Leung GTY, Leung JSY, Lau JTF, van Os J, Lewis G, Bebbington P. Lifetime prevalence and correlates of schizophrenia-spectrum, affetive, and other non-affective psychotic disorders in the Chinese adult population. Schizophrenia Bulletin. 2017;43(6):1280-1290.
- Lee ATC, Richards M, Chan WC, Chiu HFK, Lee RSY, Lam LCW. Lower risk of incident dementia among Chinese older adults having three servings of vegetables and two servings of fruits a day. Age and Ageing. 2017;46(5):773 –779.
- Lee ATC, Richards M, Chan WC, Chiu HFK, Lee RSY, Lam LCW. Intensity and types of physical exercise in relation to dementia risk reduction in community-living older adults. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2015;16(10): 899.e1 –7.
- Lee ATC, Richards M, Chan WC, Chiu HFK, Lee RSY, Lam LCW. Poor balance as a non-cognitive predictor of incident dementia. Journal of American Geriatrics Society. 2015;63(8): 1701 – 1702.
- Lee ATC, Chan WC, Chiu HFK, Richards M, Ng SPS, Hui LYF, Chan WM, Lam LCW. Widened pulse pressure is a potential risk factor for significant cognitive impairment among community-dwelling Chinese younger old people. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease. 2013; 35(4): 687 – 696.