Doctor MA Suk Ling
- Genetics of Alzheimer’s disease
- Development of molecular and bioinformatic methodologies and their applications to early detection of Alzheimer’s disease
- Pilot study on the changes of transcriptome for Neuro-navigated repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) in the management of Depression in Major Neurocognitive Disorders. (Funded by CUHK Direct Grant 2020/2021. Capacity: PI)
- Mapping the Functional Significance of the Human Oxytocin Receptor Gene. (Funded by USYD-CUHK Partnership Collaboration Awards. Capacity: PI)
- Hong Kong Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Epidemiologic Survey: Age 6 to 17 (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018; Capacity: Co-I; PI: Prof. SF Hung, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- The Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey for Older Persons (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018; Capacity: Co-I. PI: Prof. Linda Lam, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- Health determinants for late onset dementia and its associated mortality in Hong Kong Chinese older adults. (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018. Capacity: Co-I. PI: Prof. Linda Lam, Dept of Psychiatry, CUHK)
Lee KY, Leung KS, Ma SL, So HC, Huang D, Tang NLS, Wong MH. Genome-wide search for SNP interactions in GWAS data: algorithm, feasibility, replication using schizophrenia datasets. Front. Genet. 2020, 11:1003.
Lai YC, Leung PWL, Hung SF, Shea CKS, Mo FYM, Che KK, Tse CY, Lau FLF, Ma SL, Wu J, So SHW, Dadds M. Gastrointestinal problems in Chinese children with autism spectrum disorder. Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment. 2020, 16:1807-1815.
Ma SL, Tang NLS, Wat KHY, Tang JHY, Lau KH, Law CB, Chiu J, Tam CCW, Poon TK, Lin KL, Kng CPL, Kong HL, Chan TY, Chan WC, Lam LCW. Effect of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 genotypes on the efficacy of cholinesterase inhibitors in Southern Chinese patients with Alzheimer's Disease. Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2019, 34(5):302-307.
Zhou L, Ma SL*, Yeung PKK , Wong YH, Tsim KWK, So KF, Lam LCW and Chung SK, Anxiety and depression with neurogenesis defects in Exchange Protein Directly Activated by cAMP (Epac) 2-deficient mice are ameliorated by a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, Prozac. Transl Psychiatry. 2016, 6:e881. *Co-1st author
Chen HY, Ma SL*, Huang W, Ji L, Leung VH, Jiang H, Yao X, Tang NL. The mechanism of transactivation regulation due to polymorphic short tandem repeats (STRs) using IGF1 promoter as a model. Sci Rep. 2016, 2;6:38225. *Co-1st author
Ma SL, Pastorino L, Zhou XZ, Lu KP. Prolyl isomerase Pin1 promotes amyloid precursor protein (APP) turnover by inhibiting glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK3β) activity: novel mechanism for Pin1 to protect against Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem. 2012, 287(10):6969-73.
Pastorino L, Ma SL, Balastik M, Huang P, Pandya D, Nicholson L, Lu KP. Alzheimer's Disease-Related Loss of Pin1 Function Influences the Intracellular Localization and the Processing of AβPP. J Alzheimers Dis. 2012, 30(2):277-97.
Ma SL, Tang NL, Tam CW, Lui VW, Lam LC, Chiu HF, Driver JA, Pastorino L, Lu KP. A PIN1 polymorphism that prevents its suppression by AP4 associates with delayed onset of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2012, 33(4):804-13.