Doctor MA Suk Ling
- Genetics of Alzheimer’s disease
- Development of molecular and bioinformatic methodologies and their applications to early detection of Alzheimer’s disease
- Chen HY, Ma SL, Huang W, Ji L, Leung VH, Jiang H, Yao X, Tang NL. The mechanism of transactivation regulation due to polymorphic short tandem repeats (STRs) using IGF1 promoter as a model. Sci Rep. 2016 Dec 2;6:38225.
- Ma SL, Tang NL, Lam LC. Association of gene expression and methylation of UQCRC1 to the predisposition of Alzheimer’s disease in a Chinese population. J Psychiatr Res. 2016, 76:143-7.
- Zhou L, Ma SL, Yeung PK, Wong YH, Tsim KW, So KF, Lam LC, Chung SK. Anxiety and depression with neurogenesis defects in exchange protein directly activated by cAMP 2-deficient mice are ameliorated by a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, Prozac. Transl Psychiatry. 2016 Sep 6;6(9):e881.
- Ma SL, Pastorino L, Zhou XZ, Lu KP. Prolyl isomerase Pin1 promotes amyloid precursor protein (APP) turnover by inhibiting glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK3β) activity: novel mechanism for Pin1 to protect against Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem. 2012, 287(10):6969-73.
Ma SL, Tang NL, Tam CW, Lui VW, Lam LC, Chiu HF, Driver JA, Pastorino L, Lu KP. A PIN1 polymorphism that prevents its suppression by AP4 associates with delayed onset of Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2012, 33(4):804-13.