Director: Prof. Y.K. WING
The Sleep Assessment Unit (SAU) is established in 1986 and currently providing services at Shatin Hospital. SAU provides professional training to clinicians and technicians in sleep medicine in Hong Kong and from overseas. SAU also handles referral cases and conducts sleep assessments for patients from children to elderly with various sleep disorders, including insomnia, obstructive sleep apnea syndrome, narcolepsy, sleepwalking and rapid-eye-movement sleep behavior disorder. Since its inception, SAU has conducted more than 6,500 sleep studies for close to 5,000 patients, and actively undergone a number of epidemiological and clinical sleep researches. To ensure quality assessment services and treatments, SAU is going to upgrade its equipments to meet with the standards of international research and services, thus benefiting more patients with sleep disorders.
- Wing YK, Lam SP, Li SX, Yu MWM, Fong SYY, Tsoh JMY, Ho CKW, Lam VKH. REM sleep behavioral disorder in Hong Kong Chinese ??a clinical outcome study. (in press) Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry.
- Wing YK, Chen L, Fong SYY, Ng MHL, Ho CKW, Cheng SH, Tang NLS, Li AM. Narcolepsy in Southern Chinese ??Clinical characteristic, HLA typing and seasonal of birth. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2008;79:1262-1267.
- Lam SP, Fong SYY, HO CKW, Yu MWM, Wing YK. Parasomnia among psychiatric out-patients: A clinical epidemiology study. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry 2008;69;9:1374-1382.
- Chen L, Fong YY, Lam CW, Tang NLS, Ng MHL, Li AM, Ho CKW, Lam SP, Cheng SH, Lau KM, Wing YK. The Familial risk and HLA susceptibility among Narcolepsy patients in Hong Kong Chinese. Sleep. 2007; 30: 851-858.
- Wing YK, Hui S, Pak W, Ho C, Cheung A, Li AM, Fok TF. A controlled study of Sleep related Disordered Breathing in obese children. Archives of Disease in Childhood. 2003; 88: 1043-1047.