Doctor MA Suk Ling
Assistant Professor (Non-clinical)
Assistant Professor (Non-clinical)
BSc., MPhil., MSc., PhD
Fax: (852) 2667-5464
- Postdoctoral training at Department of Medicine, Harvard University
- 2005 Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship
- Genetic susceptibility of neurodegenerative disorders, such as mild cognitive impairment and dementia
- Development of genetic markers for early detection of cognitive decline
- Circulating cell-free mitochondrial DNA as marker for early detection of cognitive decline in elderly. (Funded by HMRF 2022; Capacity: PI)
- Functional study of polymorphisms of inflammasome-related genes in Alzheimer’s disease (Funded by CUHK Direct Grant 2022/2023. Capacity: PI)
- Examining the genetic link of REM sleep behaviour disorder (RBD) and familial aggregation by whole exome sequencing (WES) (Funded by CUHK Direct Grant 2021/2022. Capacity: PI)
- Mapping the Functional Significance of the Human Oxytocin Receptor Gene. (Funded by USYD-CUHK Partnership Collaboration Awards. Capacity: PI)
- Family-based association study in idiopathic rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder: a two-phase study using whole exome sequencing. (Funded by GRF 2022/2023; Capacity: Co-I; PI: Prof YK Wing, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- Personalized prediction of transcranial magnetic stimulation clinical response in patients with treatment-refractory depression using neuroimaging biomarkers and machine learning. (Funded by GRF 2022/2023; Capacity: Co-I; PI: Prof Sandra Chan, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- Development of a Single Cell Full-Length Mitochondrial Sequencing Platform based on Droplet Microfluidics. (Funded by GRF 2022/2023; Capacity: Co-I; PI: Dr Megan Ho, Department of Biomedical Engineering, CUHK)
- Multi-modal Approaches to Determine Digital Clinical Phenotyping, Novel Proteomic Biomarkers, and Microbiota-host Responses of REM Sleep Behavior Disorder, a Prodromal Stage of Alpha- synucleinopathy Neurodegeneration, in a Prospective Family Cohort (Funded by Collaborative Research Fund2021/22; Capacity: Co-PI; PI: Prof YK Wing, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- Hong Kong Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Epidemiologic Survey: Age 6 to 17 (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018; Capacity: Co-I; PI: Prof. SF Hung, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- The Hong Kong Mental Morbidity Survey for Older Persons (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018; Capacity: Co-I. PI: Prof. Linda Lam, Department of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- Health determinants for late onset dementia and its associated mortality in Hong Kong Chinese older adults. (Funded by HMRF Commissioned Study 2018. Capacity: Co-I. PI: Prof. Linda Lam, Dept of Psychiatry, CUHK)
- Gao R, Ma SL.
Is Mitochondria DNA Variation a Biomarker for AD?
Genes. 2022; 13(10), 1789.
- Ma SL, Chen LH, Lee CC, Lai KYC, Hung SF, Tang CP, Ho TP, Shea C, Mo F, Mak TSH, Sham PC, Leung PWL.
Genetic Overlap Between Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder in SHANK2 Gene.
Front Neurosci. 2021, 27; 15:649588.
- Ma SL, Wu J, Zhu L, Chan RS, Wang X, Huang D, Tang NL, Woo J.
Peripheral Blood T Cell Gene Expression Responses to Exercise and HMB in Sarcopenia.
- Ma SL, Tang NLS, Lam LCW.
Promoter methylation and gene expression of Pin1 is associated to the risk on Alzheimer’s disease in Southern Chinese.
Curr Alz Res. 2020; 17 (13):1232-1237.
- Lee KY, Leung KS, Ma SL, So HC, Huang D, Tang NLS, Wong MH.
Genome-wide search for SNP interactions in GWAS data: algorithm, feasibility, replication using schizophrenia datasets.
Front. Genet. 2020; 11:1003.
- Ma SL, Tang NLS, Wat KHY, Tang JHY, Lau KH, Law CB, Chiu J, Tam CCW, Poon TK, Lin KL, Kng CPL, Kong HL, Chan TY, Chan WC, Lam LCW.
Effect of CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 genotypes on the efficacy of cholinesterase inhibitors in Southern Chinese patients with Alzheimer’s Disease.
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen. 2019; 34(5):302-307.
- Lu H, Ma SL, Wong SW, Tam CW, Cheng ST, Chan SS, Lam LC.
Aberrant interhemispheric functional connectivity within default mode network and its relationships with neurocognitive features in cognitively normal APOE ε 4 elderly carriers.
Int Psychogeriatr. 2017; 29(5):805-814.
- Zhou L, Ma SL*, Yeung PKK , Wong YH, Tsim KWK, So KF, Lam LCW and Chung SK
Anxiety and depression with neurogenesis defects in Exchange Protein Directly Activated by cAMP (Epac) 2-deficient mice are ameliorated by a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, Prozac.
Transl Psychiatry. 2016; 6:e881. *Co-1st author
- Chen HY, Ma SL*, Huang W, Ji L, Leung VH, Jiang H, Yao X, Tang NL.
The mechanism of transactivation regulation due to polymorphic short tandem repeats (STRs) using IGF1 promoter as a model.
Sci Rep. 2016; 2;6:38225. *Co-1st author